Monday, October 21, 2013

Renovation Portfolio: Freedom Park Cottage (2002-2004)

We moved to Charlotte in 2002, purchasing this adorable cottage near Freedom Park.  We LOVED the street, great neighbors, so close to Dilworth, local parks, excellent schools, etc.  We did quite a bit of renovation to the house (expanded a 1960's upstairs addition, the kitchen, the baths, finished the basement, backyard landscaping, etc), although the current owners have finished a very thorough redo in the past year and I can't wait to see what they've done!

This is one renovation that I wished we had done more extensively.  The downside to trying to live in it while renovating.  I got my GC license AFTER doing this house.

BEFORE

AFTER - although not a good angle for that dormer.  I had another GC do that - and was not impressed.  Thankfully the new owners redid it completely.
Original Living Room
AFTER
The original dining room, I don't have a great after photo here - but this wall paper was HORRIBLE.

Original Bath

After first of many renovations
BEFORE Den

After first of several renovations



BEFORE kitchen

In process

In process

After opening to the Den


No comments: